Hitch Tent is a hitch-mounted platform designed to boost the convenience, versatility, and comfort of a rooftop tent system. Remaining vertical during transport, Hitch Tent is quickly and easily deployed on almost any terrain thanks to the four fully adjustable legs and feet.
The rear-mounted design frees up valuable roof space, dramatically reduces wind resistance and most importantly; provides a detachable basecamp or unrestricted adventure.
Also included is the Silent Hitch Pin which removes shock loads by taking the movement out of the connection between the vehicle towing system and the device being towed. The result is quiet and stable, motionless towing.
Made proudly in the USA and designed for the most brutal overlanding conditions, Hitch Tent is fabricated from ultra-tough, hot rolled A36 steel and CNC machined 6061-T6 Aluminum. Hitch Tent will accommodate most two and three-person canvas-style rooftop tents and mounts seamlessly to a 2 hitch.
Hitch Tent Carrier Specifications
- Weight (lbs): 60.000000
- Leg Adjustability: 11.25"
- Minimum Hitch Height (to Bottom, Inches): 10.5" (shorty) / 16.5" (standard)
- Hitch Class Requirement: Minimum 2" Class II (for tents under 140lbs), 2" Class III Otherwise
- Frame Material: 6061- T6 Aluminum
- RubiConX Material: A36 Hot Rolled Steel
- Center Column Material: 2" Sq. x .12" A500 Hot Rolled Extruded Welded Steel Tube
- Anodizing Type: Type II (mil-A-8625)
- Max Tent Dimensions: 62" X 62"
- Max Weight (lbs.): 600Lbs
- Seasons: 4 Season
- Tents will mount to most round or square tubing on the roll cage or aftermarket roof racking system
- The tent will not mount through a hard (steel or poly) roof, needs bars to mount to
- Disclaimer: All UTV's are slightly different and different modifications may make the installation more difficult or easier, depending. Modifications may be needed to make tents work with your accessories or setup.
- This is not necessarily a "plug and Play" install, mechanical knowledge is recommended.