Gen 3 Portals Are Geared for All: GDP didn't make the first portal side-by-side kit on the market-just the first kit that anybody gave a damn about. That's why SuperATV's GDP 6" Portal Gear Lift is the best thing you could add to your Honda Pioneer 1000. Massive ground clearance, monster tires, and your choice of a gear reduction-30%, 45%, or 60%-will turn your Pioneer into a force to be reckoned with. Want to push your machine even further? Choose dual idler gears to maximize strength and power. No matter where you ride, GDP has exactly what you need.
What is a Dual Idler: Perfection takes time. After years of research and development, we've made our dual idler gear portals unlike any other. By placing a second idler gear in the portal box, the load gets spread over twice as much surface area for more reliable torque transfer and the strongest gear set you can get. Two idler gears don't do a thing if they're not mated perfectly, though. Precision CNC grinding ensures ours do. Our gears are made from the industry's toughest 9310 steel alloy. Didn't think dual idlers mattered? With GDP's quality and experience, they finally do.
Perfect for All Riding Styles: GDP Portals weren't designed for one specific type of rider. They were designed with all riders and terrain types in mind. From the farm to the dunes and every muddy, rocky place in between, GDP will completely redefine your Pioneer. Looking for fast rides with plenty of torque? Go with a 30% gear reduction. Want to upgrade to bigger tires? Try a 45% gear reduction. Thinking about building the mother of all mud monsters? Our 60% gear reduction option is for you. We've got a portal setup for everyone.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain: Having a gear reduction right in the hub places less stress on your drivetrain. Why does that matter? Because it protects your axles, differential, prop shaft, and transmission so you can ride hard without worry. Your Pioneer's most vital components will last longer, too.
Cast or Billet Housings for Ultimate Strength: You won't find inferior or amateur housings on GDP Portals. These housings are professionally made by experts and backed by years of experience. Whether you go with cast or billet aluminum, you're getting a product that can't be beat. Add in our 5/16" backing plates made from an advanced steel alloy and you're left with Honda Pioneer 1000 portals that are second to none.
Our housings are reinforced for gear retention and optimized for oil flow
Advanced steel alloy backing plates are stronger than chromoly
Enhance with Portal Blood-gear oil formulated for GDP Portals
There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good-we know because we tested them
Advanced Gaskets, Seals, and Bearings
Our portals use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® Gaskets and O-rings with excellent oil resistance and low deterioration rates
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
- Double-angular contact output bearings to prevent premature wear
- Roller idler and drive bearings to maintain perfect gear meshing
Reinforce Your Ride with a Frame Stiffener: Portals and monster tires are fun, but they can put unnecessary and potentially harmful strain no your machine. For this reason, we strongly recommend running a SuperATV Frame Stiffener with your 6" portals.
Top-Rated Customer Service: Still need a little help getting exactly what you need? With GDP, you get a dedicated portal tech support team because nobody likes to get an automated response. Give us a call so we can get the perfect set of portals in your hands today.
Gear Lift Features:
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housing
- Dual idler gear configuration maximizes strength
- Cool, quiet, precision-ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel drive shaft
- Housings use Thermo-Tork® gaskets or O-rings that don't let anything through
- Universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- Dual idler gear configuration adds a 1" offset
- Lighter than the competition
- 18" or larger wheel required
- Wheels cannot exceed 4-1/2" backspacing